- A shooting in the middle of a feminist march outside the municipal palace in the Mexican city of Guaymas left three people dead, the state's attorney general's office said on Thursday.
- One of Asia's largest airlines, Cathay Pacific, is facing a revolt from pilots who say Hong Kong's tough quarantine rules under its zero-COVID policies are endangering their mental health, leading to rising stress and resignations.
- An ice wall intended to halt the flow of groundwater at Japan's Fukushima Daiichi Power plant operated by Tokyo Electric (TEPCO) may have partially melted, broadcaster NHK reported on Friday.
- A handful of local COVID-19 cases in eastern parts of China have prompted Shanghai city to limit tourism activities and a nearby city to cut public transportation services, as China insists on zero tolerance against letting clusters spread.
- Britain said it was concerned by a newly identified coronavirus variant spreading in South Africa that might make vaccines less effective and imperil efforts to fight the pandemic.
Photo: Residents of Naples honored the memory of the legendary football player Diego Maradona on the anniversary of his death (EPA)